This Instant Pot Beef Bell Pepper Soup is the bomb!
After coming down with the flu in January, I’m finally able to share this recipe. The flu hit me after the New Year began and it really sucked! But the good news is that I’m recovered and that lingering cough is finally gone. And I have my appetite back – oh ya!
If any of you have had the flu, after you get your appetite back, all you want is soup! At least that’s been my experience. And, everything tastes soo good – are you with me on this? 😉
Simply Delicious Instant Pot Beef Bell Pepper Soup
Now I know there are probably many people in your family or friends who don’t like cooked bell peppers. Well too bad for them – they don’t know what they’re missing because this soup is so delicious.
I have to say there are those in my family who don’t like them either, picky picky! Oh well, more for me and my husband because we don’t share that problem with our kids. We love this soup and hope you will too!
Here is the recipe:
Instant Pot Beef Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 cup cooked rice of your choice
- 1/2 - 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 cup broth of choice
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil for sauteeing
- Remove the lid from your Instant Pot, plug in and press the "Saute" button and add the olive oil
- Place the ground beef and salt in the pot and saute for 5 -8 minutes until no longer pink
- Add the peppers and onions and saute for about 4 minutes and then add the garlic and saute for 1 minute longer
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, the tomato sauce, broth, onion and garlic granules, basil and oregano, salt and pepper
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the black pressure valve on top to sealing
- Press the "Manual" button and make sure it's set to High Pressure. With the + and - button set it for 15 minutes. When it beeps, press the "Cancel" button and wait for the pot to Natural Release the pressure before opening.
- To serve, ladle about 1 1/2 cups of the soup into a bowl and top with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup cooked rice. Garnish with a little sprig of parsley. (optional)
For Stove Top
- In a Dutch oven or heavy bottom soup pot, brown the ground beef on medium/high heat adding a little salt to the meat and cook it until it's no longer pink
- Reduce the heat and add the green and red bell peppers and onions and saute for about 4 minutes and then add the garlic and saute for 1 minute longer
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, the broth, onion and garlic granules, basil and oregano and salt and pepper
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Serve about 1 1/2 cups of the soup per bowl and top with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of cooked rice. Garnish with a little sprig of parsley (optional)
Inspired by: Skinny Taste
Hope you’re all staying warm and snuggling up to your hot bowls of tasty and comforting soups
If you make this recipe, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me @eatinbowls and use the hashtag #eatinbowlsrecipes because I’d love to see what you’ve made!
*ALSO – Let me know how you like this recipe or if you’re wanting to make it and please leave a comment below and a rating, I’d really appreciate it.
Thanks so much friends! xo