This Easy Instant Pot Meatball Macaroni Soup using fully cooked frozen meatballs, will be your go-to for a quick and delicious meal
When I need a meal in a hurry for last minute guests, like I did this past weekend, this recipe for Easy Instant Pot Meatball Macaroni Soup saves the day! It really comes together quickly and it’s simple to make, hearty and delicious.I have to admit that I really love my Instant Pot. It makes so many meals quickly when I’m short on time. I bet I’m not the only one who’s pinched for time a lot!
The family who visited us has 2 kids. This recipe is very kid friendly – meatballs in a tomato veggie sauce with macaroni – oh ya!
I always try to keep a package of frozen Italian style fully cooked meatballs in the freezer for this recipe – kids or not – adults love it too!
The vegetables in the soup and the meatballs and macaroni make for a stew-like heartiness. You can put in as little or as much of the macaroni as you want to add at the end when the rest of the soup is done.
You can choose to have it more brothey with less macaroni or thicker and heartier with lots of noodles.
Actually, it’s very good even without any noodles if you prefer it that way.
This Instant Pot Meatball Macaroni Soup takes about 30 minutes start to finish. There are no exotic ingredients and the frozen meatballs do not need to be thawed. Just add them to the pot just as they are right from the freezer.
This meal is pure comfort food and don’t forget to add parmesan cheese to each portion – you’ll be glad you did!
Here is the recipe:
Easy Instant Pot Meatball Macaroni Soup
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup rounded green beans, cut in 1/2" - 3/4" pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup jarred marinara sauce of your choice (I used roasted garlic marinara)
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups broth or stock of your choice
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- a pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. pkg frozen Italian Style Fully Cooked Meatballs (I used Trader Joe's brand) - there are 12 meatballs to a 1# pkg
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- parmesan cheese for topping each portion when serving
For the Macaroni
- While the soup is cooking in the Instant Pot, cook the macaroni on the stovetop until your preferred doneness, drain and set aside.
For The Soup
Remove the lid from your Instant Pot and plug the pot in. Press the "Saute" button and then the "Adjust" button and select More to get the Saute More feature for higher heat
- Add the oil to the pot, then the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds more
- Next add the carrots, celery and green beans with a sprinkle of salt and cook, stirring for about 1 minute
- At this point, add the tomato paste and cook for another minute
- Next add the marinara sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, the quart of broth, basil, oregano, onion and garlic granules, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and stir - taste for seasonings and adjust if needed then add the frozen meatballs at the end
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the top black gauge to "Sealing". Press the "Manual" button and make sure it's set to high pressure and then adjust the time for 9 minutes
- When it beeps, it's done. Press cancel and carefully, using the quick release method, let all the pressure release before removing the lid.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni, as much or as little as you want, and you're ready to serve
- Ladle each portion into bowls and top with parmesan cheese
If you make this recipe, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me @eatinbowls and use the hashtag #eatinbowlsrecipes because I’d love to see what you’ve made!
*ALSO – Let me know how you like this recipe or if you’re wanting to make it and please leave a comment below and a rating, I’d really appreciate it.
Thanks so much friends! xo
Save this recipe to Pinterest: